There is something that simply cannot be avoided at this time of year. They’re on the television, in the news, on the internet – they are utterly inescapable. No, not Christmas music, but lists.
Lists are everywhere during the Christmas season: present wish-lists, Christmas card lists, shopping lists; lists for top 10 films, books, albums, singles, TV-moments and sports personalities of the year; lists of resolutions, Christmas number 1’s, news events and New Year’s Honours; the list is endless (so sorry for that one).
Far be it for ICT to break with this traditional annual deluge of lists. After all, this is the time of year to look back and reflect on achievements and milestones passed over the last 12 months and what better to do this than in a list?
In this spirit, we’ve assembled a list of the countries ICT have visited this year and some other interesting statistics from 2016:
- Countries visited: 26
- Republic of Ireland
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Sanctions
- ICA Certificate in KYC
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Fraud
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Crime Compliance
- and a further qualification in Anti-Corruption later this year
Interesting facts and figures from 2016:
- Most flamboyant opening: ICTA, Singapore
- Days of training: 1,321
- New Markets: 4 (United States, Cyprus, Malta, Greece)
- Students trained: 4,000
- Coldest temperature experienced: -13°C Moscow
- Hottest temperature experienced: 40°C Bahrain
- Most exotic location visted: Seychelles
- Most popular blog: Top 5 Money Laundering Cases of the Last 30 Years
- Best ICT promotional merchandise: ICT brain stress ball
- Worst ICT promotional merchandise: Special guest appearance from our colleagues at ICA with this amazing pedometer!
If you’re interested in learning with ICT, view all courses in AML, governance, risk and compliance and financial crime prevention here.
To stay updated on the latest developments in governance,risk and compliance, anti money laundering and financial crime prevention, please follow us on either LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter where you are guaranteed to be notified when our next blog post goes live!